Detox Planning Project Resources
Please find below a number of background documents that might be helpful in preparation for upcoming meetings and throughout the planning process:
- Press on Board of Supervisors meeting on detox
- CAPSLO Prado Detox Report final 12-18-17
- Board of Supervisors Meeting – January 23, 2018
- Report for Addressing Detoxification Needs For Substance Use Disorders In SLO County (9/2013) This is an updated report of the plan for addressing detoxification needs of substance esers. It builds on a several previous reports which offer a comprehensive review and research of the various options for detoxification This report defines detoxification, provides a brief history of detoxification services in SLO County, describes need, discusses updated statistics and indicators of substance use disorders, and the many changes in the County affecting the estimated number of clients in the County that would need detoxification services. The report shows alcohol and drug use continues to go up in San Luis Obispo County.
- SLO County Detoxification Presentation Powerpoint (9/2013) Very brief snapshot of information provided in above report.
- SLO County 2013 Detox Report Comparison Table (9/2013) Table showing the differnt levels of withdrawal management (detox) services including a type, description, estimated cost, and pros/cons.
- The County of SLO Drug Medi-Cal Implementation Plan (7/2016) Plan discusses collaboration process, SUD prevalence, availability of services, and expected utilization of services by modality.
- SAMHSA Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment Training Manual (2008) Provides a training program for substance abuse treatment staff on detoxification and withdrawal. Discusses detox services for specific substances, psychosocial and biomedical issues, co-occurring medical and psychiatric conditions, and financing issues.
- CA Dept.Of Health Care Services: Substance Use Disorder Compliance Division (SUDCD) SUDCD oversees licensing and certification functions, monitoring, and complaints for Driving-Under-the-Influence Programs, Narcotic Treatment Programs, and outpatient and residential providers.
- Department of Health Care Services Licensing and Certification Section Status Report (March 2017)This is an alphabetical list by county of all non-medical alcoholism and drug abuse recovery or treatment facilities licensed and/or certified by the Department of Health Care Services.
- 40 Prado Detox Planning Questions Document (Ongoing) The main questions that have been raised thus far in the planning process by the stakeholder group and answers
- Levels of Care & Examples of Detox Centers in Region (March 2017) Document explaining the Levels of Care and the ASAM Criteria, as well as locally done research comparing detox centers in the region.
- Continuum of Care Models